Thursday, June 30, 2005

Meanwhile, back at the Chateau...

I didn't make it over to That Old House today, as I had other business to attend to, including selling my car. We're a one-car household for a week or so until my new Mini Cooper arrives at the dealership. Woohoo! If you're wondering how I can afford a new car while renovating a house, it's actually all a part of the financial voodoo. By selling my 2003 Mini, and leasing a new one, I can get a spankin' new car and lower payments to boot. Of course, I'll have no car in three years, but honestly, judging from my first Mini, I don't want to deal with one of these quirky Brits once she's out of warranty.

Meanwhile, back at Chateau Danneel, I've got to start getting ready to move and it's looking pretty ugly. We have a couple of unfinished projects that we long ago gave up on (sigh) that have to finally be dealt with. When we were redoing the kitchen, the idea of stained glass transoms above the pocket doors to the dining room sounded great. Five years later, they're still just unfinished holes, and if I didn't get the glass made for me, I'm not doing it for my tenants either. Better find my spackle trowel.

1 Comments:

At 6:00 AM, Blogger Ms. P in Jackson said...

I'm in the same boat here. There are unfinished projects that have to be 'fixed' in order to sell the house. It will cost some money, but will give a big boost to the value of the house when it comes to selling so it's worth it. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home