Friday, January 13, 2006

Y'all are not going to BELIEVE this.

Got some rain last night. Woke up this morning, thinking, hmm, that rain sounds a little close. I'd better have a look.

Rain water is coming from every light fixture, light switch, smoke alarm, and vent in the apartment. Yes, the apartment, where we live since our house FLOODED. Within about a half hour, there is inch-deep water through the kitchen, bathrooms, laundry area, and hallway. If you step on the carpet in the hallway, it goes sploosh and a wave moves down the hall.

Oh for the love of God. I had an appointment with the new adjuster at the house this morning, but I had to cancel because I need to deal with this mess. We lifted our bed off the floor onto some study boxes so the box spring won't be soaked. The bed frame was wrecked in flood #1.

Anyone know an exorcist? Surely I'm haunted.

6 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Blogger Alysia said...

What can I say, Mrs. NOLA? That really sucks. Let me know if there's anything I can do.

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Kim @ Twice Remembered said...

Oh, no...that's truly *awful*! It's not even happening to me and *I* feel tears welling up! I'm so sorry:( (((Hugs)))

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger erilyn said...

ugh, i'm so sorry!

 
At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yuck! It just doesn't seem fair. I hope they get it all fixed & put together promptly & not much gets ruined by the water.

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god! What the hell?

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Jocelyn said...

Oh my _ _ _! I could holler just reading about this. I am sorry to hear this happened to you guys- truly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home