Friday, August 26, 2005

Oy, another hurricane

Aaarrrrrggggghhhh. We're straight in the path of a potentially major hurricane. The guy on the weather channel just said we should use tomorrow to get out of town.

There was supposed to be a lot of activity this week at TOH, but I didn't see any evidence of it when I was over there yesterday. It's still all torn up, the stucco is off the north side of the house, and there's still a big hole in the roof. Perfect hurricane conditions. I swear when we're done with this project the next thing I'm doing is installing a generator and some storm shutters. I'm honestly less worried about the risk of storm damage than I am the hassle of evacuating.

Oh wait. Half of our stuff is stored in the basement at Chateau Danneel. And who knows where the POD company is keeping the other half. Flooding could be a major drag. Everyone use your mental powers to vibe the storm towards Alabama, okay?

7 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had Isabel come through up here while were living in one house and getting ready to move into another. All through the night as the storm hit and we lost power, we could hear the 'whump' of the falling oak trees. In the morning it was amazing outside, with almost all of the streets blocked by fallen trees and debris. We drove maniacally to the other house to see how it faired and thankfully everything was still standing and in one piece. I offer comfort in that, even though we lost many big trees, few houses were impacted.

I spent a few years in New Orleans, having left soon after Georges scared everybody. Good luck to y'all, I hope that everything turns out ok.

-- john [ http://www.lestercat.net/house ]

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger K said...

Yikes, it's looking really bad for you guys now. I wish you lots of luck. My parents have a house in Biloxi that flooded during Camille, and we're pretty worried about it.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Jocelyn said...

I'm crossing my fingers it's not too awful for you guys and that you are safe and sound.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger AngelSil said...

Please let us know how ya'll fared. I got a generator installed this Spring after dealing with 4 hurricanes glancing us last year. It's a good piece of mind.

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am overwhelmed watching cnn, reports of casualties, flooding, desperation. God, how tragic, unfathamable.

Blessings and strength

Sandi
Massachusetts

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Joe said...

You and your family are in all of our thoughts and prayers.

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger K said...

Good luck, guys. I hope everything is fine with your house.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home